300-in-30 Day Challenge, Day 8

John Cereghin <pastor@...>

A very good day yesterday (Thursday) with several new logs on the
DT-200VX barefoot. Three brand new stations logged:

860 WOAY Oak Hill WV

910 WEPG S. Pittsburg TN- a surprise, with a "Swap-and-Shop" call in
program, followed by a long string of local ads

940 WCPC, Houston MS, "Radio that changes the way you live, AM 940,
WCPC, Houston MS", into Christian programming. A treat! This is only
my 2nd Mississippi station.

Totals for the challenge- 217 UL stations in 8 days.

So far, I've added 22 new stations to my UL log, 8 new stations to my
overall log, 2 new countries to my UL log and 1 new country to my
overall log. It has been quite profitable so far!

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

robert ross

At 07:45 AM 10/17/2008, JOHN CEREGHIN wrote:

Totals for the challenge- 217 UL stations in 8 days.

So far, I've added 22 new stations to my UL log, 8 new stations to my
overall log, 2 new countries to my UL log and 1 new country to my
overall log. It has been quite profitable so far!

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

John...Good work on all the new stations you're picking off while taking
part in the 300 Station Challenge. I found the same thing....I managed to
log a pile of New Ones while looking for 300 to fill the ULR Log. Since I
started ULR DXing last January....I have logged Over 150 NEW Ones for the
OVERALL LOG!!! It has been Years since I logged 150 New Stations to the
Overall Log in the same year!! So....aside from all the FUN we are having
with the ULR's....we are bagging a lot of NEW Stations for the Overall Logs
as well.......How on earth can a person have this much Fun with 2 Penlight
Batteries!! HAAHHAHHA.....

So you're at 217 Now.....after only 8 Days. You still have lots of time
left......even though things start getting a little harder after you get
the first 200. I'm sure you've noticed the difference between having 100 in
the log..and having 200 in the log???

I'm sure you will find the remaining 83 stations before the 30 days
expires......and I look forward to checking your logs for approval for the
30 Day Challenge Award!! Good Luck John......

73....ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
Box 1003, Stn. B.
London, Ontario
CANADA N6A5K1

Antique/Vintage Radio Enthusiast
Amateur Radio Stations VA3SW/VE3JFC
Enjoy Ultralight Radio DXing......It's like being a KID again!!

Defy Physics.....Play Table Tennis!! (Ping Pong with an Attitude)

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

You are doing GREAT, John.... keep up the good work!

John B.

At 11:45 AM 10/17/2008 +0000, you wrote:

A very good day yesterday (Thursday) with several new logs on the
DT-200VX barefoot. Three brand new stations logged:

860 WOAY Oak Hill WV

910 WEPG S. Pittsburg TN- a surprise, with a "Swap-and-Shop" call in
program, followed by a long string of local ads

940 WCPC, Houston MS, "Radio that changes the way you live, AM 940,
WCPC, Houston MS", into Christian programming. A treat! This is only
my 2nd Mississippi station.

Totals for the challenge- 217 UL stations in 8 days.

So far, I've added 22 new stations to my UL log, 8 new stations to my
overall log, 2 new countries to my UL log and 1 new country to my
overall log. It has been quite profitable so far!

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

Gary DeBock

Hi John,

     Congratulations on your success so far, in the 300-in-30 Day Challenge.  You certainly are making a serious effort, and having exciting results.  217 stations in 8 days makes all of us feel inspired.

     Unfortunately, here on the west coast, the odds are stacked against anyone trying the 300-in 30 Day Challenge.  Sunset skip is pretty meager.  Sunrise isn't much better.  Someone trying the Challenge would probably end up mentally Challenged.  Trying for new states usually produces a State of failure.  New countries?  About as profitable as Countrywide Mortgage.  We just can't compete in much of anything except the Ultralight distance records, where we dominate (maybe some compensation for everything else?)

     73,  Gary DeBock

Gil Stacy

"940 WCPC, Houston MS, "Radio that changes the way you live, AM 940,
WCPC, Houston MS", into Christian programming. A treat! This is only
my 2nd Mississippi station."

John,
You are doing great guns on the 30 day challenge.

WCPC is also a memorable for me. First time I booked it was on my xtl
radio. The announcer read a promo for a local cattle auction. Not
something one would hear on WCBS, for sure.

Keep up the good work.

73 Gil
Ga. coast