JOUB 774 heard in Oklahoma on barefoot SRF-T615

Gary DeBock

Wow Richard,

     That is phenomenal.  Congratulations, and make sure to apply to Rob Ross of the Ultralight Awards Committee for your First TP award.

     73,  Gary

bbwrwy

For the past two mornings I've heard JOUB 774 kHz using only a
barefoot SRF-T615. It was first heard with a heterodyne of varying
levels at 1018-1031 UTC yesterday. Then a man speaking in Japanese
fading in and out from 1031 until about 1046 UTC when it finally faded
under the sideband of XEACH 770. This morning it was again heard
fading in and out of XEACH's sideband from 1053 to 1127 GMT. I was
surprise how easy JOUB was to receive such a tiny set at approximately
9700 kilometers (6027 miles).

I also had a trace of a het on 594 kHz, but the QRM from KCSJ 590 was
too strong.

I think this proves my theory trans-oceanic reception is possible in
the center of North America on a barefoot ULR, at least one as
sensitive as the SRF-T615. It was something I was never able to do
with an ICF-2010.

It looks like I choose the right time to return to medium wave DXing.

Richard Allen,
36°22'51"N/97°25'36"W

w2gjw <w2gjw@...>

Congratulations Richard, that is a phenominal catch! I love reading
loggings such as these. Just shows you don't need big antennas and
expensive radios to log TAs or TPs.

I just received my T615 and so far am very impressed with it.

73-
Gary