another SRF-59

Tim Davisson

Today I purchased another SRF-59 at the Tallmadge (Ohio) K-Mart store.
$14.99 + tax. And, they had 2 or 3 of them.

So, I now have 2 good 59's, and my original one...with the scratching
noise/defective capacitor, I believe it is. So, I have a back-
up/spare.

Thanks Gary for alignment info. In older radios I've heard about a
screw you could turn to peak a signal on 1400kHz...but I hadn't
thought about that in decades. I'm sure there's no screw for such an
adjustment in modern radios!

73's,

Tim, KD8GZ
Norton, Ohio (near Akron)

Guy Atkins

Hi Tim,

Actually, most if not all modern, portable AM radios have the same adjustment point. I've made the 1400 kHz trimmer adjustment on the SRF-T615, DT-200VX, and the E100 models, for example.

These adjustment trimmer caps really vary in accessibility though, from very easy to impossible to do with out a custom extender board or jumper wires (in the case of radios like the Sangeans with dual PCBs).

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA