Personal UL Distance Record

John Cereghin <pastor@...>

Finally broke the 2000-mile barrier with my DT-200VX last night, running barefoot.

2200 EDT   750     YVKS Caracas, Venezuela, gave a list of network of stations at TOH, many in Caracas, mentions of "R. Gramma".  Good with WSB nulled.  2053 miles.  Also tentative logs of Colombia on 770 and another Venezuelan on 910 but no IDS on what seemed to be a good Latin American evening.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

robert ross

At 09:47 AM 8/18/2008, you wrote:

Finally broke the 2000-mile barrier with my DT-200VX last night, running
barefoot.

2200 EDT 750 YVKS Caracas, Venezuela, gave a list of network of
stations at TOH, many in Caracas, mentions of "R. Gramma". Good with WSB
nulled. 2053 miles. Also tentative logs of Colombia on 770 and another
Venezuelan on 910 but no IDS on what seemed to be a good Latin American
evening.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

John....Great Logging....way to go!! Yes I did notice last night was good
to the Caribbean and South America. 750 Caracas is a very dependable
station from South America. They get out quite well over WSB ....especially
in the Long Winter Nights!! Logging them in August is extra special!! Glad
to see you cracked the 2000 mile barrier.....I've logged the 750 and the
770 stations on ULR Radios....but I've never heard the 910
Venezuelan.....try and get an ID on that one...that would be a nice logging !!!

Congratulations on the fine loggings.....

Regards....ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
Box 1003, Stn. B.
London, Ontario
CANADA N6A5K1

Antique/Vintage Radio Enthusiast
Amateur Radio Stations VA3SW/VE3JFC

Defy Physics.....Play Table Tennis!! (Ping Pong with an Attitude)

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...>

John,

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment! When I lived in
North Carolina, some of the Venezuelan stations were "semi-
regulars" on my Realistic TRF, but that was back in the late
'70's before the FCC allowed the band to get clogged up.

Anyway, what's your target for breaking the 2500 mile barrier?

:0)

73 & Great DX,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX

Gary DeBock

Hello John,

     Congratulations on your outstanding reception of YVKS-750, at 2053 miles.  That is certainly a great accomplishment, and I'm sure you will make a 2500+ mile reception soon.

     Here in Washington state, we have little hope of logging Venezuela on an Ultralight, although we (John Bryant, Guy Atkins, Dennis Vroom and I) are lucky enough to live near Grayland, where Ultralights can log South Pacific DX with some serious mileage.  John B. is at Grayland right now, otherwise I'm sure he would congratulate you personally.

     Keep up the great work, and go get those TA's.

     73,  Gary DeBock

John Cereghin <pastor@...>

My goal for 2500 miles?  Anything European.  :)

John Cereghin

Steve Ponder wrote:

John,

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment! When I lived in
North Carolina, some of the Venezuelan stations were "semi-
regulars" on my Realistic TRF, but that was back in the late
'70's before the FCC allowed the band to get clogged up.

Anyway, what's your target for breaking the 2500 mile barrier?

:0)

73 & Great DX,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX

MarkWA1ION

Saudi Arabia on 1521 should be a slam-dunk. Of course it's easy up
here in the Boston area but I actually heard it on a Sony '2010
during a business trip in Dec. 1986 from my room at the Residence Inn
next to the airport in El Paso, Texas. It was muscling KOMA-1520
aside.

Other than that, you could try for Canaries on 621. This hits the
southeastern US pretty well. Spain on 585, 684, 774, 855, 1044,
1098, 1116 et al. should be in there too.

Saudi Arabia counts as Asia, Canaries as Africa, and Spain as Europe
so you should be able to knock off these 3 continents without much
sweat.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...> wrote: John,

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment! When I lived in
North Carolina, some of the Venezuelan stations were "semi-
regulars" on my Realistic TRF, but that was back in the late
'70's before the FCC allowed the band to get clogged up.

Anyway, what's your target for breaking the 2500 mile barrier?

:0)

73 & Great DX,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX