Get yourself an SRF-59 (or a spare) for $9.99!!!

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

Sony is selling refurbished SRF-59's for $9.99!!! I'm sure there's a
charge for shipping but what the hey. If I didn't already have an
SRF-39FP I'd pick up another one.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=8198552921665089553&langId=-1yr

Gary - you've started the biggest craze in MW DX'ing in a couple of
decades; all because you were curious about how good a dinky radio
might be.

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Dennis Gibson" <wb6tnb@...> wrote:

Sony is selling refurbished SRF-59's for $9.99!!! I'm sure there's a
charge for shipping but what the hey. If I didn't already have an
SRF-39FP I'd pick up another one.

lrdheat

There is a store in downtown Laredo, TX selling refurbished 59s...my small sample suggests that the refurbished units are not brought up to intended specs...i tried a nearly deaf unit in the store, and took another unit. It is of average sensitivity (clearly could still benefit from an alignment), and has a scratchy sounding tuning thumbwheel. I'm guessing that the "refurbished" 59's are not getting a thorough check out.