loggings and congrats

Allen Willie

First of all congratulations to Paul Logan for accomplishing his
goal. Wishing you many more Paul ! Great !!

Heard last night on the SRF-M37V barefoot It seemed to be strong
Middle East propagation early on
as follows:

March 29/08

22:16 UTC 1053 khz - LIBYA , LJB Tripoli w/ arabic music and chants ;
good

22:33 UTC 1550 khz - ALGERIA , R. Nacional de la RASD , tindouf w/
arabic commentary , mentions of Sahare , song vocals ; fair

22:37 UTC 1044 khz - MOROCCO , RTM 1 Sebaa-Aouin w/ fast paced arabic
chants with music ; good

I've been alternating my different ultralights used the past few
evenings for loggings each night to give our group and also
prospective buyers and newcomers to the ultralights , an idea of just
what each of these gems can receive from here in Newfoundland

73

Allen Willie VO1-001-SWL
St. John's, Newfoundland
SRF-M37V/SRF-59/SRF-39FP

Paul Logan

Hi Allen,

thanks for the congrats - your own logs have been amazing me - they look like you are about 2000 miles east of where you are!!!.

I grew up listening to the Newfie stations, CJYQ was always a propagation barometer for me. Always wondered what was audible from Newfoundland - your Sunset must be GREAT fun.

Thanks for the posts they make for great reading.

Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@...>

--- Allen Willie <vo1_001_swl@yahoo.ca> wrote:

First of all congratulations to Paul Logan for accomplishing his
goal. Wishing you many more Paul ! Great !!

Heard last night on the SRF-M37V barefoot It seemed to be strong
Middle East propagation early on
as follows:

March 29/08

22:16 UTC 1053 khz - LIBYA , LJB Tripoli w/ arabic music and chants ;

good

22:33 UTC 1550 khz - ALGERIA , R. Nacional de la RASD , tindouf w/
arabic commentary , mentions of Sahare , song vocals ; fair

22:37 UTC 1044 khz - MOROCCO , RTM 1 Sebaa-Aouin w/ fast paced arabic

chants with music ; good

What can be received sitting out there with very few locals is amazing.
It is further evidence as to why some EC and even midwestern US DX'ers
trek to Newfoundland for DXpeditions !

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]