Re: My 7.5 inch antenna from gary

Gary DeBock

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your positive comments on the PL-360 7.5" plug-in loopstick, and I'm happy that it's bringing in far more stations for you than the stock ferrite bar! As far as the programming content of those stations, maybe someday in the future we will have a new filter for Ultra-boring content (right after DXers create an IBOC hiss filter, of course :-)

Your comments remind me of a nice opening to Australia last July 7th at Grayland, WA, during which 1116-4BC was booming in with the "Sharina the Psychic" program. This was probably the last type of program I cared to listen to while half asleep (at around 0500 local) on an ocean beach, but it was by far the strongest of the AM Aussies at the moment, and quite unavoidable  http://www.mediafire.com/?tinjn2wmmy4 . John Bryant was with me at Grayland at the time, and was surprised at the strength of the Sharina MP3. After returning home, I discovered on the Internet that Sharina has quite an empire in Australia (http://www.sharina.com.au), but this really didn't make me any more likely to want to listen to her :-)

73, Gary

Hi Gary: I did NOT mean to disappear on you after receiving my 7.5" ferrite, but other events here put DX and ULR matters very much on the back-burner for about 6 weeks. Allow me to add my voice to the chorus of appreciation! The little beast works beautifully on the PL-360 and I can report now that I can hear a very much larger number of stations than I could before. That these are stations that I wouldn't be caught dead listening to if I lived in their primary coverage area detracts not a jot from my enjoyment of the new enhanced antenna! We are (after all) DXers, and can stream any programs we actually want to listen to. (G) I look forward to the DX season, and to experimenting with the various new ways of extracting intelligence from the ether. Once more my thanks to you for your gifts to the hobby. Now if Croatia would only resume their evening transmissions on 1134 KHz.... (But there is an encouraging touch of Saudi Arabia on 1521)