Re: Kchibo KK-D6110 (Tuning step workaround for PL-380)

Gary Kinsman

Hi Gary,

I think the lack of a way to tune up or down one 10 kHz increment by pushing a single button or rotating the tuning wheel one click is the thing that annoys me the most about the PL-380. (Way to go, Kchibo; maybe Tecsun will get the hint.)

To get around this -- to some extent -- I programmed all of the MW frequencies from 520 kHz to 1510 kHz into the memories. If there were 20 more MW memories, then the whole band up to 1710 kHz could be accommodated.

I did the same thing with almost all of the FM frequencies; I think 5 more FM memories are needed to cover the whole band.

It's too bad we can't take some of the SW memories and allocate them to MW and FM as needed.

Regards,
Gary

For those who have complained about the quirky dual tuning rate of the PL-310 and PL-380 based on tuning knob rotation, the KK-D6110 comes to the rescue with a selectable 1 or 9/10 kHz tuning rate, making DXing very predictable.