Re: Nice review of the PL-380 by Radio-Timetraveller

gratiscomputer <gratiscomputer@...>

sdwillingham schreef:
The effect of a wire attached to the whip, as reported by Radio-Timetraveler, is likely a parasitic sort of counterpoise operation. This comes about because the internal ferrite antenna is unbalanced. My suspicion is that such a wire might add signal strength, but could degrade actual signal-to-noise as it is likely to pick up a lot of local manmade RF noise and even noise from the receiver itself.

I have added a wire to outside. The SW gives 15dB-20dB less signal when NO ferrite is connected.

I do not know how to slove this, as I sometimes listen without on hands ferrite loop .

Marc

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk