Re: FM Station # 2,000 Logged....Did John have anything to do with this?????

wa8lcz

HI ROB,

I've just started playing with FM on the sony srf-m40w. it hears many stations on other freqs (similar to harmonics) so its not a good radio to be dx'ing with. 90.3 on real station 96.3, 100.7 on real station 95.1

i've found i can use the MW loop for fm, just by holding the radio near the loop.

your FM totals are staggering. you must spend your whole life listening to the radio, any hearing loss ??

what do you use for an FM antenna ?

i've seen the bow tie antenna being used for FM, have you tried one ?
i'm looking for a construction article for it now.

how can you tell the difference between E and ground wave, whats the max distance for ground wave on FM ?

and have you guys come up with any FM awards yet ? i'm mostly interested in total states.

also, wheres a good place to find listings of canadian FM stations ?

on AM, i'm trying to hear stations from 75 to 120 mi from my QTH but nothing seems to work, (except for listening during thunder storms) any ideas ? seems to be a dead zone, too long for ground wave, too short for skip.

byron

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Robert S.Ross VA3SW" <va3sw@...> wrote:

wa8lcz wrote:

hi Rob,

how many different states have you copied on FM ?

byron
Byron......Good question!! Here's my Stats for For FM.....

37 STATES
8 PROVINCES (Need Alberta & BC)

8 COUNTRIES....Canada, USA, Belize, Bermuda, Mexico, Bahamas, Cuba,
Dominican Republic

As for Propagational Totals...they are roughly 50/50% for E-Skip and
Tropo/Groundwave.

I have 7 Stations by Meteor Scatter. Something I have just started to
work on more diligently the past 2 Years.

73.....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA