Re: Kchibo KK-6110 available

Gary DeBock

Kevin and All,

It would be great if this KK-D6110 radio is Kchibo's answer to the latest Tecsun Ultralight DSP models, but it seems a little odd that the price is much lower than that of the Si4734 radios sold by the same seller (D92L, D96L, PL-310, PL-380 and PL-360), and that the seller makes no mention of the Si4734 DSP chip in the KK-D6110 listing (although he does for all the Tecsun Si4734 model listings). I guess Jim and I will know the full story before much longer!

73, Gary

In a message dated 6/17/2010 8:55:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, satya@... writes:

Not that Kchibo's sensitivity figures necessarily mean anything, but the 6110's MW and FM sensitivity is quoted as 2.5mV and 3.0uV, respectively, while for the D96L they are 2.0mV and 2.0uV. Normally you want lower numbers here, but with Tecsun, sometimes it is the case that the bigger the number, the better, so who knows!

Here's hoping that the 6110 has the kinks worked out and is a very sensitive machine. It is advertised as being about 19.5 cubic inches, so it may well fit the Ultralight size requirements as well.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA