Re: Kchibo KK-6110 available

Gary DeBock

Thanks Jim,

I'm glad you've also ordered this model. Now If the KK-D6610 turns out to be a lemon, at least we will have somebody else to share the regret of buying it :-)

When the Kchibo D96L model first came out last summer, I remember thinking that this would be a great Ultralight radio if Kchibo could solve the digital chuffing noise, and use standard AA batteries. Apparently Kchibo has been trying to this, and get back in the market after Tecsun's introduction of the superb PL-310, PL-380 and PL-360 models. It will be interesting to see how much progress they've made.

73, Gary

I've got one coming too. Once I've figured it out I'll report to the group. It looks as though they've done some re-styling to compete with the PL-380, much as the auto companies do when a more popular competitor comes on the market. One would hope they improved the engineering, too, if they went to all the trouble of making a new model.