Re: Kchibo KK-6110 available

DiamJ <jm392c@...>

I've got one coming too. Once I've figured it out I'll report to the group. It looks as though they've done some re-styling to compete with the PL-380, much as the auto companies do when a more popular competitor comes on the market. One would hope they improved the engineering, too, if they went to all the trouble of making a new model.

Hello,

One of these Kchibo KK-D6110 radios (the official name) has been ordered
for the upcoming 2010 Shootout, which will also feature the PL-310, PL-380
and PL-360 models. I'm kind of curious myself whether Kchibo has corrected
the digital "chuffing noise" of the D96L model.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

In a message dated 6/16/2010 5:42:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
schuster@... writes:

There's a thread from 2009 on the Chinese "leowood.net" BBS on this radio.
Google Translate says it's the "battery version of ordinary D-96L". They
also say it's very ugly.

I parted company with my D-96L over the DSP/display noise problem. Wonder
if this is any better. Not willing to invest to find out - Kchibo's quality
control seems to be worse than Tecsun.