Re: Poor quality SRF59s - can they be aligned ?

huelbe_garcia@...

Hi Gary,

thank you for your prompt reply your offer to make alignment for other
ULR-fans.

In your experience, is it enough to change the position of the smaller coil?
Or is it needed to also work at the bigger coil?

I found the smaller coil very easy to move around. However, I have no idea
how to move the bigger coil over the ferrite core. I think some soldering
work is necessary.

(just to make clear to all friends in this list: SRF59s have one ferrite rod
with two coils - the one to the left has almost two-times more wire than the
one to the right. Bryant and Gary, however, concluded it is electrically one
coil with taps.)

Huelbe

P.S.: I really apologize if my english does not 'sound' well. As I have
never lived abroad, perhaps my text may have expressions and grammar
constructions that are not-polite, rude or uncorteous. This is not intended.
:)