Re: Poor quality SRF59s - can they be aligned ?

huelbe_garcia@...

Hi Dave, good day.

I also bought a SRF-59 (from a chinese seller) at eBay with a few problems.

The AM receiver had poor selectivity and images/mirroring about 100khz apart
from strong stations. The FM receiver started at 81MHz (I can hear the audio
from TV channel 5).

In my case, alignment by ear of the AM sector made the receiver work nice
again.

The service and alignment manual for SRF-PSY03 (it's identical to SRF-59)
was made available by our ULR fans at www.dxer.ca, under menu Ultra-light
file area.

For alignment procedure, you will have to move coil L5 over the ferrite rod.
As it has a kind of glue/wax, I am not sure what is the best way to remove
it. John Bryant (at the list-next-door UltraLightHotRodding) used a hair
dryer.

Good luck!

--hg