Re: A Radio Rodeo

Scott <scottmac1120@...>

Oh, yeah. Any time I get good tropo conditions I switch over to FM. One night, I got some excellent catches barefoot on my G8! Farthest away I believe was KSNY at 101.5 FM in Snyder, TX (approximately 130 miles), playing country music. Not in-and-out either, but steady, sub-local signal strength sustained throughout the night. Then, gone by morning. I just love VHF DX because it's so much harder to catch anything. Sometime, I'll get my FM DX log (along with my AM log) on here.

Scott
Hobbs, NM (and Midland, TX)

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM, <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for your detailed work in performing this FM-DX Radio Rodeo. Having conducted a few Shootouts, I know how much time and effort is required for accurate results.

During the brief FM testing in the PL-310 and PL-380 AM-oriented reviews, there really wasn't enough time to fully investigate the individual differences between the D96L, PL-310 and PL-380 models. Your testing certainly went much further than mine, and your results should be considered authoritative for the large community of FM-DXers in our Ultralightdx group. Your timing is also excellent, as many of us switch over to the FM band to chase DX :-)

73, Gary