Re: PL-360 antenna tests, the saga continues-FARMERIK

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" wrote:

Rik,

> I have been working with just the 2 foot air core loop antenna and Gary's 7.5 inch ferrite rod.

> Here are the new numbers for midday reception on the PL-360-
>
> FR AM 1590=24-06
> AC AM 1590=48-09
>
> FR AM 560=47-25
> AC AM 560=67-25

Of course we can't know what's causing the noise, but the SN for the air-core loop is higher on both frequencies, not to mention the huge increase in SSI. A 20-24 dB increase is much higher than I would have expected. The 360 clearly likes your air-core loop, and it's worth trying to sort out the noise issue.

I'd like construction details on that air-core loop. Any chance you can post a photo? Thanks.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/
http://qrp.kearman.com/