Re: Tecsun PL-360 7.5" Plug-in Loopstick-- Locking System

Gary DeBock

Hey Kevin,

I'm happy to hear that you've ordered a PL-360, maybe even because of my negative influence!

Farmerik was the first to express interest in the PL-360 plug-in loopsticks, and after testing out two designs (the 3" and 7.5" inch types), I think that these plug-in antennas will create some serious AM-DXing excitement for those hobbyists who never felt comfortable about taking their radio apart.

The current plan is to make several 3" and 7.5" plug-in loopsticks for the PL-360 as time allows, then offer them at cost (around $15 for the 3" model, and $25 for the 7.5" model) to those DXers who are interested. Free time here is rather limited, but hopefully there will be others with similar detailed construction experience (woodworking, in my case) that can make these plug-in loopsticks for themselves.

As you might have guessed, I've been too busy with other hobby projects to try out the PL-360 with a plug-in connection to the backyard monster PVC loops, although I'm sure that the inductive coupling method will work fine with those fanatical antennas-- even with the midget stock loopstick plugged in :-) When you get your PL-360, you could try plugging in a sensing-wire connection to your Crate Loop, and compare the results with the inductive coupling method, if you wished.

73, Gary

In a message dated 4/28/2010 11:47:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, satya@... writes:

Hey Gary:

Well done!  I hate to admit it, but I only just recently ordered a PL-360 from Joyce at Anon-co, so I should have one shortly.  Let me know if/when the production run starts, as I will be interested.

Just curious - have you tried jacking one of your monster backyard loops into the PL-360?  If the inductance is about right, I am wondering if it would work...

Kevin