Re: Tecsun PL-360 7.5" Plug-in Loopstick-- Locking System

pianoplayer88key

I'm going to assume you're opening them in a browser, not downloading then opening them in a photo editor. (For some reason the pic is not displaying in my browser, and the linked pic forces me to save it locally then open it, rather than just opening in the browser, although once it's saved locally I can open it with my browser.)
Have you tried hovering the mouse over the part of the photo you can see, and if so, does it turn to a magnifier icon with a "-" in it? If so, click on the picture, and it'll scale it down so you can see the full image. Click on the image again (when the magnifier has a "+" in it), and it will expand that portion of the image to 100%, centered on the spot you clicked on.
Well... good thing I opened the image in Firefox... cause that browser behaves differently than Chrome, the browser I'm currently using (mostly because I often have a lot of windows open at once, and flash (I play FarmVille a lot) often crashes. In FF it takes the entire browser down, but in Chrome only the plugin crashes, leaving everything else alone.) In Chrome, I can scroll the magnified image left and right by holding the shift key and scrolling my mouse's scroll wheel, but in Firefox that same combination acts as back/forward buttons. Using ctrl + scroll wheel does zoom in/out, and just scroll wheel does scroll up/down in both browsers, though.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@...> wrote:

Gary - The PL-360 photo you gave the link to, and one or two previous ones come up as huge on my screen, and there is no tool bar to move the part of the photo I can see to center it over the radio. I can only see one edge of the '360. Maybe no one else is having this problem. I use firefox. But if there is an other way I could either see the whole photo in a screen size, or move it around so I can view what you are trying to show, then I could see what you have accomplished. Thanks very much for all your efforts. - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., D1028Gary@ wrote:

Hello All,

For those interested in this experimental project, the final design
challenge with the PL-360 7.5" plug-in loopsticks was to provide a rubber-based
system to secure the relatively large antenna and frame in place, to avoid
rotation in the antenna jack. Hopefully the same system would provide some
additional shock resistance for both the 7.5" loopstick and frame, and
reduce stress in the plug-in jack.

All objectives were accomplished by gluing a short section of 3/8" I.D.
rubber hose to the loopstick frame, carefully positioned so that the PL-360
whip antenna tip plugs into the rubber hose, whenever the custom loopstick
is plugged into the PL-360. Not only does this stop loopstick rotation, but
the system provides additional shock protection for both the loopstick and
frame, while dividing the loopstick weight between the whip antenna and
plug-in jack. The entire 7.5" plug-in loopstick system now feels very secure,
and well-protected against minor bumps and scrapes (a photo is attached
below, which is also posted at _http://www.mediafire.com/?yhz2w1zn2nz_
(http://www.mediafire.com/?yhz2w1zn2nz) ).

The PL-360's AM-DXing personality changes dramatically with these 3" and
7.5" plug-in loopsticks, which are great fun to play around with. For those
who have ordered new PL-360's and would like to try them, I plan to start
some "production runs" shortly (as time allows), and also post detailed
instructions for those DXers who wish to build their own. It's a very rare
opportunity to get a huge, self-contained AM sensitivity boost without voiding
the warranty :-)

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)