Re: Introduction

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Peter,

WELCOME to the ultralightdx group and our community!!!  Those of us in North America have been having so much fun with these little wonders that we are doubly excited by a new DXer from across he ocean!  Be sure and take a look at the List of Ultralight Firsts and Records on the dxer.ca site. It is primarily a list for dxers in the Western Hemisphere, but the "world-wide" section is open to the accomplishments of DXers anywhere.  If enough Europeans become active in ultralighting, we'll have to help get a European-oriented list started.

For those of us from the traditional MW DX hobby, its doubly exciting to welcome another member from the world of crystal set DXing... we obviously have much to learn from the xtal crowd, for sure!

John B.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods) + flock of Ultralights
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)

At 12:18 PM 3/28/2008 +0000, you wrote:

Hello Ultralight-DX friends,

It is a great idea to open this group. I come from the Crystal Rx hobby
as probably many of you.
I live in Switzerland and I am proud to own
a SFR-39, SFR-49 and SFR59. Two of them had to be aligned by me and now
reward me with fine reception. Recently I bought an SFR-T615, but I
must admit, that it is inferior to the analog classics. Adjacent
channel separation is better on the SFR-59 series.
This is very important where I live, because the European AM Band is
full of power stations.
I live in an appartement without outdoor antenna and ground. So I
like to go outside with an SFR-59 and enjoy clear reception free from
electrosmog interference.

Peter