Re: DEGEN 'window' loop? - FARMERIK

Rik

I didn't see a band switch in the Universal Radio diagram, but they might have just used an old illustration. I wouldn't expect this extremely compact for transport loop to be for DXing, but it might be handy to have. Folded up it must be smaller than most ULR's. - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...> wrote:

I recently purchased the KA33 from Universal Radio. Still playing with it,
but I have found that it does offer an improvement on SW using it with my
KA1103. I have not tried the antenna in the MW switch position yet. When I
first connected everything as described on the back of the box I misread the
diagram and thought I had a dead unit as I detected nothing at all, no
increase in signal strength, noise, anything. Reconfiguring it correctly
made a world of difference.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM, farmerik <farmerik@...> wrote:

Very interesting Tao Qu. My antenna is labeled as a TG33 and Mediumwave
active loop, but the Universal Radio catalog describes the KA33 as tuning AM
and SW 3.9 to 22 MHz. It only seems to have a single tuning control, and no
band switch to select AM or SW, and with a gap from AM up to 3.9 MHz. it
should have one or the other.

I really don't know what is going on here. - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@... <ultralightdx%40yahoogroups.com>, "Tao
Qu" <tquchina@> wrote:

de31: sw only
tg33 / ka33: mw only