Re: DEGEN 'window' loop? - FARMERIK

Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...>

I recently purchased the KA33 from Universal Radio. Still playing with it, but I have found that it does offer an improvement on SW using it with my KA1103. I have not tried the antenna in the MW switch position yet. When I first connected everything as described on the back of the box I misread the diagram and thought I had a dead unit as I detected nothing at all, no increase in signal strength, noise, anything. Reconfiguring it correctly made a world of difference.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM, farmerik <farmerik@...> wrote:

Very interesting Tao Qu. My antenna is labeled as a TG33 and Mediumwave active loop, but the Universal Radio catalog describes the KA33 as tuning AM and SW 3.9 to 22 MHz. It only seems to have a single tuning control, and no band switch to select AM or SW, and with a gap from AM up to 3.9 MHz. it should have one or the other.

I really don't know what is going on here. - FARMERIK

--
Tony, N4RNI
Traverse City, MI