Re: Tecsun PL-360 Plug-in Loopsticks-- Huge AM Sensitivity Boosts

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Carl" wrote:

> It would be great if they made a bandwith selectable DSP ulr that had a plug in loop stick.Something like a PL-380 with a plug in for a loop stick.

About half an hour with a butter knife and a soldering iron is all it takes. Even better if you go the toroid-Hoop Loop route, as then you can use a real antenna. Being more than 3 times the width of a 7.5" rod, the Hoop Loop just blows it away. Plus, it looks nice in the living room. Your friends will think you're into modern sculpture.  Oh, that reminds me. Chris Knight had the idea of pinning a quilt on the frame to stealth-i-fy the Hoop Loop. You could change the fabric to suit the season. It's not just a DX magnet, it's a decorator's delight!  ;)

http://kr1s.kearman.com/html/hooploop.html

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/