Re: 500 at last

Gary DeBock

Hi Paul,

Congratulations on logging 1650-CJRS on your E100 with the Tecsun 9" loop, and finally receiving station #500! That is an amazing accomplishment from Northern Ireland, especially when you split up your DXing time with the FM band, and set all-time new FM-DXing distance records :-)

You certainly have great patience in chasing DX primarily with barefoot Ultralights, and only occasionally with external antenna help. The opposite is the case here, where lack of patience has resulted in some legendary AM-DXing loops (perhaps resulting in the neighbor's lack of patience?).

As Rob has mentioned, we would be only too thrilled to award you for your fine DXing accomplishments, if you are so inclined. Great job, and good luck on chasing the next hundred!

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

In a message dated 4/3/2010 10:28:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, va3sw@... writes:

Paul Logan wrote:

Hi all,

well I finally made it to 500 and I have to say it took some doing! Just ywo years after starting!

So now the very slow climb upward from 500....inspired by the rest of you. Thanks for all the fun.

regards

Paul Logan,
Lisnaskea, N. Ireland

Paul......CONGRATULATIONS on hitting # 500 from Europe!! Welcome to the 500 Club!!

As you're well aware...things start getting even tougher with each 100 you hear...but I wish you success in reaching 600 real soon!!

Don't forget to submit your Logs for the 500 Heard Award....and If I remember correctly 500 also gets you the MASTER ULR DX Award as well!!

I'm sure Gary needs the work and won't mind printing you up these 2 Well Deserved Awards!!

Good Show Paul.......

73...ROB VA3SW (For the ULR Awards Committee)

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA