Re: 1 log and a thought on propagation

lrdheat

That makes sense as not only is Milwaukee north, but it is also about 5 degrees east of Shreveport's longitude which gives Milwaukee about a 20 minute lead just due to longitude. A station far to the north, but in the western part of it's time zone could have a later summer season sunrise than a southern station located in the eastern portion of the same time zone.

Heatwave

--- On Tue, 3/30/10, Carl wrote:

From: Carl Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: 1 log and a thought on propagation
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 7:25 PM

I just checked with a site that gives sunrise/sunset times and it appears that Milwaukee SR is a little earlier than Shreveport's. Perhaps a change to daytime power and antenna pattern brought WISN up over KWKH.
Carl DeWhitt
Naryville,TN.

--- In ultralightdx@ yahoogroups. com, "Carl" wrote:
>
> I wonder how this would explain KWKH Shreveport,LA fading down to almost nothing while WISN,which is much further north,fading up in it's place.I forgot to mention that.Perhaps the sunrise is still later in Milwaukee than Shreveport ?
>
> Carl DeWhitt
> Maryville,TN
>
>
> --- In ultralightdx@ yahoogroups. com, Richard Berler wrote:
> >
> > Duruing spring through summer, sunrise is earlier, sunset is later the further north you go.
> >  
> > Heatwave
> >
> > --- On Tue, 3/30/10, Carl > >
> >
> > From: Carl
> > Subject: [ultralightdx] 1 log and a thought on propagation
> > To: ultralightdx@ yahoogroups. com
> > Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 4:46 PM
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> > WISN 1130 Milwaukee,WI 0816-0831 EDT 3.30.10 Local talk with call ins discussing the competition among various supermarkets for families grocery dollars.Call sign mentioned each time a caller called in.Also mentioned Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin.Maybe re-log.poor- fair.E-100 barefoot.
> > This got me thinking about something i once read or noticed.
> > Sunrise the further north you go comes later.I think this could be useful in dxing stations to your northwest just after your local sunrise.Any thoughts on this ?
> > Carl DeWhitt
> > Maryville,TN
> >
>

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.