Re: unidentified on 1503 khz

w2gjw <w2gjw@...>

Allen, is it possible you may have been hearing Egypt on 1503Khz?

EGY - North Sinai Radio, El Arish (75) - 0400-2300; also broadcasts
local Matruh programme; ID: "Idhaat Shamaal Sainaa Min Al Arish"

73-
Gary
W2GJW

--- In ultralightdx@..., Allen Willie <vo1_001_swl@...>
wrote:

 Hi Guys,

Pretty good evening here in the North Atlantic for TA's . Some very
strong . One has me puzzled though, at 22:10 UTC I was hearing fast -
paced  drumbeats then commentary and then more drums and so on with
my SRF-M37V

 The language definitely wasn't english or spanish or  anything I
recognized as familiar. Sounded similar to french a bit but  was some
type of african dialect possibly. Nor did it sound like the  usual
chants from the Middle East.

Looking over my frequency  resources at hand , Senegal comes to
mind but I'm not sure if they are still on 1503 as the WRTH lists
from 2005

With no ID I know  its not much to go on, maybe the fellows who
have been to Cappahayden and the Newfoundland Dxpeditions may have an
idea for me on this one. If so thanks , appreciate it.

Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and
bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.