Re: PL-360? anyone have one yet?

Tony Germanotta

i have the 310, so it might be different, but you get it to tune in 10Khz steps by turning the wheel quickly. It then automatically goes into that mode, then you can step along with each click. (and 5KHz on SW bands). It's quite a feel operation though, you never really know how fast you have to turn the dial to get onto the steps and then you can slow down just a fraction too much and you're back at 1KHz steps again. The 310 has a conventional knob for tuning on the side, which probably makes it easier to do this, than with the dial on the face of the 380.

On Mar 9, 2010, at 7:30 PM, franktowntrain wrote:

Hello Gary, no I don't have a 360 but I just rec'd today a PL-380 based on your shoot out results and review but I'm having some trouble tuning it. I followed the manual and set 10Khz tuning steps and it will tune in 10khz steps using the "vf" key but I can't seem to get it to tune in 10khz uning the thumbwheel, when I hit the "vf" of course it is scanning quickly thru and only stops on strong signals. Is there any way to tune manually in 10Khz increments? Am I missing something here?
thanks
Jack Leonard