Re: PL-360? anyone have one yet?

franktowntrain <jleonard@...>

Hello Gary, no I don't have a 360 but I just rec'd today a PL-380 based on your shoot out results and review but I'm having some trouble tuning it. I followed the manual and set 10Khz tuning steps and it will tune in 10khz steps using the "vf" key but I can't seem to get it to tune in 10khz uning the thumbwheel, when I hit the "vf" of course it is scanning quickly thru and only stops on strong signals. Is there any way to tune manually in 10Khz increments? Am I missing something here?
thanks
Jack Leonard

Hello Farmerik,

The Tecsun PL-360 is one of the new models here, but unfortunately there
hasn't been time yet to tinker around with external air core loops directly
connected to the plug-in jack. There are several experimental projects
competing for time here, but I hope to do this as part of the upcoming PL-360
review article.

The PL-360 (with the plug-in stock loopstick) does have great inductive
coupling with the PVC-framed air core loops here, although the fixed 3 kHz DSP
selectivity makes the model less than ideal for 9 kHz-split DXing. The
PL-310 and PL-380 would be much better choices for those hobbyists interested
in transoceanic DXing.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

In a message dated 3/6/2010 1:52:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
farmerik@... writes:

I was curious if anyone had the PL-360 yet, and if so how it works with an
external loop antenna like the Terk or Tecsun directly connected to the
radio. - FARMERIK