Re: Puyallup, WA not so ultralight TP-DXer Luncheon

Chris Knight <chris@...>

That sounds like fun! Setting the way back machine to the late 1970's,
Country Buffet used to be Royal Fork Buffet and later King's Table Buffet -
at least here in Colorado.

I remember seeing loggings from Chuck Hutton in GA from way back when. There
was an article on the QDFA antenna with accompanying sound clips. That is
quite an antenna! I don't remember where the article is or if it's still on
line.

The next PL-380 should be here any day now. Joyce took a week off in
mid-February for Chinese New Year. The radio stands that John Bryant
recommended from Universal Radio are really nice and am going to buy a
couple more of those as well, but in the "big portable" size this time.

As far as land for antennas, I thought about stringing Beverage antennas on
nearby farm land over the winter and possibly negotiate some farm work for
the privilege, but never followed through.

73,

Chris

Chris Knight (N0IJK)
Fort Lupton, Colorado