Ultralight Awards Program Update

Gary DeBock

Hello All,

Thanks to the contributions of many DXers who submitted sample copies of John's artwork, Rob Ross' continuing (and superb) volunteer work to review applications, and a crash course here in Adobe Photoshop processing techniques, the Ultralight Awards Committee (Rob and I) is now prepared to issue any of the diverse Award Certificates previously designed and sent out by John Bryant.

The two highest Award Levels ("Master DXer" and "Centurian" awards) have yet to be issued by our restored committee, but we look forward to honoring those DXers who succeed in chasing ULR-DX at the highest level-- and are more than prepared to give them these "gold medals" of Ultralight DXing!.

Although I was not personally one of the DXers who applied for many of John's certificates (and was occasionally chastised in a friendly manner because of this), I had recently qualified for the Centurian Award by receiving 100 stations from Asia, and now certainly wish that John had received my application (since we were very close in chasing TP's with Ultralight radios).

Thanks very much to the DXers who have already submitted 12 applications to our restored committee, and for supporting our program to continue honoring John's Bryant's legacy.

73 and Good Ultralight DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)