Re: some nice southern path

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., Tony Germanotta wrote:

> Here in Chesapeake Virginia tonight I took a brief break to see if those Europeans were still pounding in. Nothing really heard here, though.
>
> But I discovered nice copy from St. Kitts and Nevin on 555KHZ, with some guy giving funeral information with a nice island accent at 6:45 p.m. leading to a dirge on Organ and then a break to happy Caribbean Mx. before British Virgin Island news at 7 p.m.
>
> Also the Caribbean Beacon was coming in on 1610, weakly with a lot of latin's over the top, but there was a woman citing 1st Corinthians about 7:32 p.m.

Thanks for the interesting report, Tony. Here in South Florida, 555 is dead quiet, and the ghost of Dr Scott was barely audible a while ago. The Europeans are barely audible as well. Pretty good propagation up the coast at sunset, though. If you're hearing Spanish on 1610, spend some time on them. Other than CHHA, a multicultural in Toronto, and a 250-W daytime Mexican station, everything else is either a TIS or deep into South America. Argentina and Peru, for example. WRTH lists a R Reloj on 1610 but it's inactive. I have the Beacon and CHHA here now (0125Z), but nothing else.

Tonight's a good night for DXing Latins, folks. Good luck!

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/