From: ultralightdx@... [mailto:ultralightdx@...] On
Behalf Of jim_kr1s
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:27 PM
To: ultralightdx@...
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Congratulations (again) to Chris Knight--
Ultralight TP and TA DXer!

Hello All,

Chris Knight of Fort Lupton, Colorado has amazed Rob Ross and me with
his superb DXing accomplishments this past season,
It's the thin air up in the Rockies. And I have it on his good authority
that modest intake of a good Cabernet prior to DXing greatly improves S/N
ratio!

The same does not seem to be true with TP's on the east coast, which
seem to elude almost all ULR DXers.
Yeah, but Saudi Arabia and UAE are about as far from the East Coast as
Japan is from the West Coast, and they count for Asia. Then we have Europe,
Africa and South America at lesser distances. We just need to wait a few
million years for Oz to slide a little closer.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/