Re: Time signal ???

MarkWA1ION

Cuban "Radio Reloj" outlets would be one guess. You should see if other radios are getting the same thing or if this is unique to your 310. If the latter, it could either be something from SW or LW mixing or getting into the IF chain instead.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION

--- In ultralightdx@..., Paul Robertson <probertson6@...> wrote:

I have the Tecsun 310 and am curious as to why I am picking up the ticking
of a time signal (very weak) in the background when I am listening to weak
AM stations. It doesn't seem to matter what frequency. There is a higher
pitched double beep on the minute and what I think is an ID announcement but
it is very weak, fast and unintelligible. It definitely is not WWV or CHU.
Can someone explain this strange anomoly?

Paul (VE3HFQ)