Introduction & 1st post

w2gjw <w2gjw@...>

Greetings everyone. This is my first post to this group.

I've been a MW DX-er for almost 40 years. Living in New Jersey all my
life has made this hobby a real challenge. I have my Grandfather to
thank for getting me started. I still have his 1922 Westinghouse
single tube radio, earphones and his log book!

I've owned my share of receivers over the years; Drakes, Icoms,
Kenwoods, etc. I recently became interested in ULRs through the
DXer.ca site and by reading posts on the National Radio Club's
reflector. I currently own two Sony SRF-59s and recently acquired a
Sangean DT-200VX.

I am continually impressed by how well these radios perform. Their
nulling ability is second to none. I'm looking forward to logging my
first TA station with them, previously I've only done that using my
higher end desktop receivers.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and am interested in
learning more about these radios. I love reading all the great DX
members of this group can pull in using these little gems.

73-
Gary
W2GJW