Re: My ULR test

dhsatyadhana <satya@...>

Hi Powell:

Interesting test! Did you base it on sensitivity and selectivity, and perhaps other criteria? I see that the Panasonic RF-NA17 is available on Taobao for 30-40 dollars, and it may be the descendant of the RF-032D. Since the RF-032D is no longer available, it would be tough to consider an ULR for purposes of the definitions, but it sounds like it is a good little radio nonetheless, especially if it is more sensitive than the DT-400W.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Powell E. Way III" <w4opw@...> wrote:

My ULR test to see what the RF-032D Panasonic "Mr.Thin" is really
like. I expected it to do pretty well. But it handily beat out these:

Sangean DT-400W
Kaito WRX-911
Tecsun R9012 (Gary modified)
Sony SRF-59 (Gary Modified)
Eton / Grundig G8
CC SWP
It was about equal or slightly better than my Eton E-10 which I do not consider that much of an ultralite.

Powell