Re: IBOC and ssb or sync detection

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., Richard Berler wrote:

> Thanks, Jim.
>
> Is an allignment of the BFO a big job?

Richard,

I saw the reply on ABDX, and that could explain what's happening. I don't know how to align the BFO in that radio. It could be simple or not. When a signal is tuned in accurately in AM mode, something you should be able to do on any strong US station, and the radio is switched to SSB, there should either be no heterodyne, or if there is one, it should be the same pitch on either sideband. If that's the case, the BFO is aligned. The G3 reviews don't give its sync detector high marks, unfortunately. How's its performance compare with traditional ULRs you've used?

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/