Re: Ultralight Radio Awards Program

Pollock,Raphael E <rpollock@...>

Any thought as to a higher count Litz--say 660?--and a slightly longer Ferrite--it might give markedly better results...

From: ultralightdx@... <ultralightdx@...>
To: ultralightdx@... <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Sun Feb 14 16:57:17 2010
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Ultralight Radio Awards Program

Hi,

its about 70 turns of litz 165/46 on a 4" x 1/2" ferrite rod type 61.

check out gil stacys article in "Files, antenna and equipment, ferrite rod antennas, inductively coupled loops" but i would use a large variable capacitor with 1/4" shaft and ceramic insulators, so i could add an insulated shaft, a big knob and if necessary a 6 to 1 vernier drive.

also check out John Bryants 3 sets of photos in the photo section under "hot rodding the srf-39". thats the definitive conversion of a 39, 49 or 59 to a useable ultra lite radio.

if you add this coil/capacitor tuned circuit, build a second one to use as a wave trap. to tame those flame thrower stations. it might even help with iboc hash. thats on my list of "to do" projects.

byron