Re: Ultralight Radio Awards Program

wa8lcz

AND, all of us that have received awards can send a list to whoever takes on this job, via private email. to reconstruct these lists of awards. also, anyone can find the last award listing from John and Yahoo makes a list of previous emails with the same titles. that should make the job easier.

keeping track of who achieves awards, on this website, is most important, to encourage others to go after new awards. just like radio mods, it certainly has spurred me on. i'm starting on a srf-59 mod with vernier drive, bigger battery, external audio amp and external ferrite rod w/litz wire.

800 stations, 40 states, 8 provinces. it shows whats possible and gives all of us, hope.

byron wa8lcz

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jim_kr1s" <jkearman@...> wrote:

--- In ultralightdx@..., D1028Gary@ wrote:

Partly in order to honor John's memory, however, we certainly
do plan to continue the Ultralight Awards program, and welcome your
comments and suggestions as we proceed in this effort.
As one of those goaded by John to apply, I appreciate the effort he and
Rob put into the program. I would strongly urge you to cut back on the
number of certificates, though that's easy for me to say, having hit
many of them already. We could discuss the breakdown forever, so I'd
leave that up to you and Rob.

Unfortunately, John probably didn't transmit records of total
certificates at any level either, so you may want to start from scratch,
with a smaller list of awards. (You'd have to dig through the posts on
Yahoo to find all his reports. Ugh.) No one would fault you for trimming
the program.

Assuming you start fresh, another thing I would suggest is to
periodically upload a file with recipient's names and certificates
awarded, to the Files section, for reference and continuity. Thanks for
volunteering to take this on!

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/ <http://qrp.kearman.com/>