Re: Ultralight Radio Awards Program

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

> Partly in order to honor John's memory, however, we certainly
> do plan to continue the Ultralight Awards program, and welcome your
> comments and suggestions as we proceed in this effort.

As one of those goaded by John to apply, I appreciate the effort he and Rob put into the program. I would strongly urge you to cut back on the number of certificates, though that's easy for me to say, having hit many of them already. We could discuss the breakdown forever, so I'd leave that up to you and Rob.

Unfortunately, John probably didn't transmit records of total certificates at any level either, so you may want to start from scratch, with a smaller list of awards. (You'd have to dig through the posts on Yahoo to find all his reports. Ugh.) No one would fault you for trimming the program.

Assuming you start fresh, another thing I would suggest is to periodically upload a file with recipient's names and certificates awarded, to the Files section, for reference and continuity. Thanks for volunteering to take this on!

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/