*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
On 12-Feb-10, at 11:16 AM, jim_kr1s wrote:
--- In ultralightdx@..., David Henry <david@...> wrote:
I left the radio off for a few hours this morning to clear any settings
and then inserted fresh alkalines, with the charging circuit in thewithin
'off' position, and it immediately showed the full voltage, but
seconds the battery indicator fell steadily to zero and the 'Lo' warning
came up.Sure sounds like something is getting hot. It would be interesting to see how much current is being drawn from the battery at power- on. It may be only a bad connection in the battery compartment. If you can measure the voltage on the outside of the battery compartment, before and after turning on the radio, it might give some clues.
Or measure the current drain directly. On my PL-380 it is 20 mA on AM
and 21 mA on FM at normal headphone listening levels.