Re: PL-380 Battery Problem

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., David Henry wrote:

> I left the radio off for a few hours this morning to clear any settings
> and then inserted fresh alkalines, with the charging circuit in the
> 'off' position, and it immediately showed the full voltage, but within
> seconds the battery indicator fell steadily to zero and the 'Lo' warning
> came up.

Sure sounds like something is getting hot. It would be interesting to see how much current is being drawn from the battery at power-on. It may be only a bad connection in the battery compartment. If you can measure the voltage on the outside of the battery compartment, before and after turning on the radio, it might give some clues.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/