Re: Guy Atkin's Independent Testing of PL-380 7.5" Loopstick

Guy Atkins

Gary and I have also discovered that within the city limits of Puyallup there can be major differences in TP MW reception. Gary lives a few miles closer to salt water Puget Sound than I do, and he is also in the fertile valley area where presumably the grounding is better. I live farther to the east on a high, somewhat rocky ridge. At times Gary has heard signals I've found inaudible, and on rare occasions the situation is reversed.     73, Guy

1.10.

Re: Guy Atkin's Independent Testing of PL-380 7.5" Loopstick

Posted by: "D1028Gary@..." D1028Gary@...   dxergary

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:22 pm (PST)

Jim,

Puyallup is about 90 miles from the ocean, but only about 5 miles from salt
water (Puget Sound). The TP propagation here is nowhere near as favorable
as on a Pacific Ocean beach, but probably much better than 90 miles inland
without any salt water nearby.

73, Gary