PL-380 Battery Problem

david3752001 <david@...>

Hi guys,

My PL-380 has suddenly decided not to recognize that I have put in a set of freshly-charged AA batteries. It will switch on and receive on MW and FM, but will not let me select LW (my band of interest right now, as I have been experimenting with NDB reception) The low-battery indicator keeps flashing and it switches itself off after a couple of minutes.

I have tried everything I can think of - tried a different set of batteries and they all work on my PL-310 fine. I'm sure (I hope!)this is something simple to rectify, but as the message search facility is not working on the group postings, I have not been able to trace any posts relating to this condition.

Thanks,

Dave (GM7VZV)
Aberdeen, Scotland