Re: Guy Atkin's Independent Testing of PL-380 7.5" Loopstick

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

> The daytime DX range changes greatly if you can manage to set up your loop
> on an ocean beach, however. Using one of the new collapsible-frame 6' PVC
> loops (designed to fit inside a compact car) at Grayland, WA, California
> coastal stations are far stronger in the daytime than they are at home (90
> miles from the ocean) on the 9' loop.

I didn't realize Puyallup was so far inland. I thought it was just outside Seattle. And you've got the Cascades on your back. Here, a couple of miles inland, with indoor antennas, my best daytime is WCBS in NYC, an hour before sunset. You know how the coastline curves in, so the path is pretty much all-water. In pure daylight I've heard up into Georgia and Charleston, SC, 400-600 miles. Charleston is all-water like NYC, but the Georgia station is inland, in Warner Robins. No mountains in Florida!

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/