Re: John Bryant death notice

James Herkimer

Bill Whitacre?-----Oh my, there's a name I haven't heard in years -------Please say hello for me -------Jim Herkimer

--- On Wed, 2/10/10, thinkdx wrote:

From: thinkdx
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: John Bryant death notice
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 9:40 PM

Hmm...his unusual middle name is spelled incorrectly in the notice. It is "Hulon" with an "o". John told me the origin of it years ago but I forget the details. It is a family name that has some significance among the Bryants on his side of the family.

John will be sorely missed and remembered during the Grayland DXpedition Bill Whitacre and I will be on next week. Bill said that just a couple of days ago, John had written him to say he'll be "looking forward to being a vicarious member of the trip out to the Coast."

In some discussion this morning, Bill and I considered cancelling or postponing the trip, but we felt that John would have wanted us to move full speed ahead and enjoy the good times together, the Perseus rigs, chasing Trans-Pacific DX, and the antenna experiments.

Sigh...so many times since 1990 I've strung out Beverages and other antennas with John at the property of the Grayland Motel. It won't be the same without him.

Guy