Re: Guy Atkin's Independent Testing of PL-380 7.5" Loopstick

Pollock,Raphael E <rpollock@...>

I don't know about the Amidon, but I have the Stormwise 27" center wound with 660 Litz--a very potent combination that out performs my 3' air core homebrew as well as Crane twin ferrite and unamplified Select-a-tenna.

From: ultralightdx@... <ultralightdx@...>
To: ultralightdx@... <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Tue Feb 02 20:39:24 2010
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Re: Guy Atkin's Independent Testing of PL-380 7.5" Loopstick

Roy and other folk in the group

I hope my plug-in rod idea works -- so I can try your idea

But i saw some other rods -- not sure if we can get them in Australia
My son seels we not be able to due to a technology ban as the could be used to track submarines on VLF
On the site it says US only no international orders

see the monster rod section - the say they are mu 125 which seems to be what type 61 is
Up to 27inch long and 1inch diameter - there are some medium wave radios using the smaller ones on the site
though much of the site deals with ELF and VLF

Has anyone tried using these rods &  or would they be useful at MW compared to the Amidon's

Regards
Neil