Re: Guy Atkin's Independent Testing of PL-380 7.5" Loopstick

Guy Atkins

Hi Roy, Yes, I checked mid and high band signals too, and observed the average reading over one minute. Any frequency I tried showed improvement with the coil at the same approx. position from the end of the rod (about 1-5/8", where inductance was 532 or so). As you mentioned, the improvement is not as great when you tune up in frequency. I made the video with 530 kHz, because there are steady, weak TIS stations audible on 530 from my location. I suppose I could have shown the effect in the video with other frequencies besides low band. Thanks for the tip on the high strand count 660 Litz. When I made an E100 slider a couple summers ago, I used 172/44 Litz, but have never tried any variety approaching 660 strands. Do you feel that the number of strands affects the noise level, or does it have to do with the coil wound in the middle? 73, Guy Atkins Puyallup, WA USA http://fivebelow.squarespace.com