--- On Sun, 1/31/10, sdwillingham wrote:

From: sdwillingham Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Measuring PL-380 Soft-Mute
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 1:00 AM

Further info: Via my USB-equipped PL-300wt, I can read out that
its soft-mute is configured with a threshold at SNR = 6 dB and
the soft-mute slope is 2 dB/dB. This means that for each dB
that the SNR reads below 6, the volume is reduced by 2 dB. At
SNR = 0 dB, the maximum volume reduction is 12 dB.

I suspect that the PL-380 simply changes the soft-mute slope
parameter to 1 dB/dB, so it reduces the gain more gently and to
a maximum of 6 dB. I'll have to confirm that when I get around
to modifying my PL-380 with a USB interface.

-Scott-