Re: Si4734 Hardware and Software Guides

Roy <roy.dyball@...>

Hi Scott

Thank you for the link to the sample C code and the explanation. All my code is written in VB.NET 2008. I have many years experience with it from my previous business dealings before I retired and the program was going before I thought too much about it. I have got the 3 wire interface running really well and the 9 bit data word was a real challenge especially in VB.NET, I think the hardest part was getting the half clock cycle delay correct during the bus turn around.

Because the Tecsun uses the 3 wire interface I feel it is best to stick with it while they use it because I can unhook my interface, and as soon as I switch the local MCU control lines back in it takes over without a fuss and you can still use any changes you have made until power down while using the radio normally.

I am really leaning toward using an MCU like you are doing and am looking forward to seeing your final results. I noticed you have posted more pictures and your radio with interface looks good now it is back together.

Cheers Roy.