Three New Ones and a DX Centurian, I Hope

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

I finally got back to DXing last night and rather rapidly nailed two new Texans, listed below.  I had miscounted my Texans and, appropriately, my 100th was KVET 1300, the anchor station of the University of Texas Sports networks. With now 101 Texans, maybe ol' Rob will approve a DX Centurian: Texas for me.

1300 KVET Austin TX USA 2330 1/31/2010 U of Texas BB JB

1430 KCOH Houston TX USA 2359 1/31/2010 Black Gospel preachibng + Call and lcl ads JB

I was particularly happy this morning to also log KRKY, north of Denver on 930. Until fairly recently, WKY-930 in nearby Oklahoma City has dominated 930 nights as well as days. Several years ago, 1920s WKY shifted to all SS and their signal has slowly deteriorated. Still medium strong but nullable during the day and semi-absent at night. Very nice!

930 KRKY Granby CO USA 1310 2/1/2010 "Colorado Country-930 AM - 101.9 FM" JB

All three logged with PL-380 and Wellbrook K9AY Array.

John Bryant
Stillwater, OK
WinRadio G313e + Ultralights
Wellbrook K9AY Phased Array